Tuesday 23 September 2008

Scaling the Heights








There are forty three steps up to my office. The office is at the top of a delightful old manor house set in beautiful Cornwall – probably the prettiest county in the whole of England. The office is converted from accommodation once used by domestic staff who worked “below stairs” – a bit ironical that! The population trebles in the summer months when hoards of people on vacation descend on us.
Over the past few months I have been glad to get to my desk and catch a few breaths and I can no longer manage ten mile walks on the undulating Cornwall Coast Path with its stunning seascapes. ( I have not yet got the hang of putting the images between the text). I am thankful that I have walked the whole of the path in the past and have happy memories and scores of photographs to remind me of those good times.
I guess the payback of advancing years and an ill spent youth around the waterfronts of the world has to be accepted. I am grateful that I was able to travel the world in the middle 1950's before it became a much smaller place with air links to all points of the compass and computer terminals at every airport that makes them all look much the same.
Now - as a "newby" blogger, and having frittered away time trying to get pictures, unsuccessfully, between the text, I am going to have to make a dash to meet an evening appointment. I do hope to improve on both length and content with my next effort.

No comments: